Thursday, October 7, 2010

Love this....

I came across this prayer and felt the need to post it here...it touched me deeply and made me think of all the prayers I have said and not once looked at them this way...shame on me... and if you're anything like me, grab a tissue...

Heavenly Father, help us remember the jerk who cut us off in traffic last night is a single mother who worked nine hours that day and is rushing home to cook dinner, help with homework, and do the laundry so she can spend a few moments with her children.

Help us to remember that the pierced, tattooed, disinterested young man that can't seem to make change correctly is a worried 19 year old college student, balancing his apprehension over final exams with his fear of not getting his student loans for next semester.

Remind us, Lord, that the scary looking bum, begging for money in the same spot everyday (who really out to get a job!) is a slave to the addictions that we can only imagine in our worst nightmares.

Help us to remember that the old couple walking annoyingly slow through the store aisles and blocking our way... are savoring this last moment, knowing that, based on the biopsy report she got back last week, this will be the last year that they go shopping together.

Heavenly Father, remind up each day that, of all the gifts you give us, the greatest gift of all is love. It is not enough to share that love with those we hold dear. Open our hearts not to just those who are close to us, but to all humanity. Let us be slow to judge and quick to forgive, show patience, empathy and love. Matt. 5:44

I felt ashamed for thinking some of those very thoughts and rest assured, my prayers tonight will be said in a different light...in the light of our Heavenly Father's love.

prayers,
Cindi

No comments:

Welcome to my blog....

I may feel the need to talk about my books, what's happening in the world around me, or my family. What ever I write about, rest assured it will be what I believe and I hope in reading my Blog, you will get to know me.

I hope you enjoy your time here. I look forward to hearing from you all. Positive or negative, I appreciate all comments left for me.

prayers,
Cindi