Thursday, September 30, 2010

Do you really know...

A friend of mine posted a quote the other day on her Facebook page:

‎"We have to dare to be ourselves, however frightening or strange that person may prove to be."

How does one find themselves? You hear all the time people say they are going away to find themselves..do they? Find themselves?

Can they really find out who they are away from those that have had a part in forming who they have become? Don't we change through time? So how, really, do we 'find' ourselves and when we do, how do we deal internally with that person that we 'found'? I mean, it could be a stranger, right? And probably is.

What if we don't like who we are? Can we change? and if we can, how do we decide what we want to change to or who we want to be? I always thought that as long as we pray and believe and do what Christ would do, then we're doing okay. That we are a good and righteous people.

But, what if we do those things and still feel that we are not who we were meant to be? That we somehow dropped the ball on 'us' and ended up being just someone that others needed us to be. Can we be happy? Can we truly live a full and complete life? And if not, how do we decide what is the right thing to do...for us...for those that need what we contribute to their lives by being the person they think we are.

I don't now...

prayers,
Cindi

No comments:

Welcome to my blog....

I may feel the need to talk about my books, what's happening in the world around me, or my family. What ever I write about, rest assured it will be what I believe and I hope in reading my Blog, you will get to know me.

I hope you enjoy your time here. I look forward to hearing from you all. Positive or negative, I appreciate all comments left for me.

prayers,
Cindi