Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Across The Threshold...

I have not posted as much as would like as my mother has been gravely ill and I've been going from Washington State to California to spend as much time with her as I can...even with all that has been happening with our family, I wanted to let you all know of an amazing anthology of mystical, magical, and intriguing stories written by a group of talented authors, one being a very close friend of mine.

Across The Threshold...



Take my hand and come across the threshold where nothing is as it should be, yet everything is an adventure! This collection of stories comes from a group of authors who have aptly named themselves “The Twisted Willow Wordsmyths”. Their imagination will take you to places you never knew existed. From the power of a human tree to the fanciful Three Little Pigs, the trials of a stubborn little faerie to the rhythm of ancient drums, the curse of an old ship to the possibility of stars making wishes. There are no dull pages, no putting the book down, but hours of wonderful moments with the characters that come alive in these pages.

Across the Threshold captivated me from the first page. It starts with the story, The Skies of Erutan, written by Cheryl Alleway. 



Kao the Tall; his Royal Majesty of Erutan, existed for one purpose; to protect the planet. Created by the Great Architect in the sky, Esab, Kao was part tree- part human...He stood more than 12 feet tall and become guardians of the one planet that Esab cherished the most.
Read as Kao battles to protect the planet and his people that were entrusted to him by the Great Architect in the sky.

Next is: The Three Little Pigs, written by Arthur Browne



In this fairy tale like story of the three pigs, Arthur takes us on a wild ride of music, drugs, guns, and murder...

Next is: On Wings of Silver, written by, Daisha Marie Korth.


Mrs. Korth has the wonderful knack of pulling you into her stories and immediately fall in love with her heroines and heroes,  feeling that they are a part of your life as she spins the tales and brings them to life right before your eyes. Nahdea is one of those characters that will entice you to keep reading. This stubborn yet happy-go-lucky kind of little faerie will put a smile on your face and tears in your eyes.

Next is: Drums, written by Kristen Lynch.



Kristen wove a great tale of Scandinavian magic between these pages. Livli finds out that she is much more important to someone she didn’t really know than she was to her own father. The scenery portrayed in this story will take you to the times of Hansel and Gretel, but what lies in wait for Livli might just surprise you!

Next is: Turkish Song of the Damned, written by Frank McGovern.



“As I sit and talk with you I see your face go white,
The shadow hanging over me is no trick of the light,
The spectre on my back will soon be free,
The dead have come to claim a debt from thee.”

Franks love of the ship “Turkish Song” ship inspired his story about a curse and finding success…Was success what Jackie really wanted? How would you choose if you had one hand full of money and the other empty? Would you really choose the empty one? Read “Turkish Song of the Damned” and see for yourself…

Last is: Wish I Might, written by, Jeriann Watkins



Ms. Watkins story of Cecilia will make you smile. It is taking one thing we sometimes take for granted, something as simple as a wish, and turning it into a story about self-discovery.


Get your copy of this wonderful anthology...over 200 pages of mystical wonder!

Available in paperback at  http://tinyurl.com/q4o7jqa
Kindle version available at   http://tinyurl.com/kzj7xjy

What?!? You don’t have a Kindle? Oh, that’s easy! Amazon will give you a FREE app for reading on just about ANY electronic device!
Another great feature of Kindle is the ability to give a book as a gift! Just purchase and schedule it for delivery by email to be picked up by that Kindle receiving loved one this Christmas!



No comments:

Welcome to my blog....

I may feel the need to talk about my books, what's happening in the world around me, or my family. What ever I write about, rest assured it will be what I believe and I hope in reading my Blog, you will get to know me.

I hope you enjoy your time here. I look forward to hearing from you all. Positive or negative, I appreciate all comments left for me.

prayers,
Cindi