Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Not Mama's Eggs...

Well, it finally happened. the chickens that we have become so accustomed to laying eggs every day for the last two years have finally taken a vacation! They have only given us 2 eggs in the last week, so with a heavy heart, I went to the store and bought a dozen of what I thought would be the best eggs since they were the closest to mine. You know... no hormones, no antibiotics, free range, brown eggs. I brought the eggs home and put them in the fridge for this mornings breakfast.

I should have know the reaction I would get, but I was still hopeful that these eggs would be as close to 'home grown' as I could find. Wrong! I got out the egg pan, took one of the very brown, very beautiful eggs and cracked it on the edge of the pan. As I separated the two sides of the egg shell, the egg dropped into the pan in all its pale yellow glory. Nothing like the dark yellow, almost orange yolks that we had come accustomed to these past couple of years.

My sweet husband took one look at his breakfast that I made with love and said, "Well, it's easy to see these are not mama's eggs!"

I'm not sure when the eggs became mine, but I will say this...all the time and effort I put into preparing the best food for my family that I can pays off with just that comment. They could see at a glance that 'Mama don't raise no junk!'

prayers,
Cindi

No comments:

Welcome to my blog....

I may feel the need to talk about my books, what's happening in the world around me, or my family. What ever I write about, rest assured it will be what I believe and I hope in reading my Blog, you will get to know me.

I hope you enjoy your time here. I look forward to hearing from you all. Positive or negative, I appreciate all comments left for me.

prayers,
Cindi