Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Sometimes....

Sometimes it is better to just smile and say nothing then to say what's on your mind.

Growing up, my mother always told us that if we had nothing nice to say then say nothing at all...That was very sound advice even though at the time, when I wanted to blurt out exactly what was on my mind, I said nothing...Why? Because what I wanted to say wasn't very nice.

I have tried to remember that in my adult years and also to instill it into my children's heads as well...My daughter told me today when we talked that she tells her children the same thing and she was sure they dislike hearing it as much as she did...but, these simple words of advice have been passed down from mother to children all over the World.

The big question is this... Is voicing your opinion right, even if doing so, may hurt a persons feelings?

There may be many arguments that you can summate, but the real question should be this...Will what I have to say change the outcome in any way? Will it do any good at all? Will it be beneficial to all those involved? If the answers to these questions is a resounding yes, then by all means, give your opinion regardless of how it might make the person or persons involved feel...But, if there is a single no or any hesitation at all...then keep it to yourself and go do what you can to change what you can.

My feelings got hurt this week...should I have cared what people thought...Nope! But, I did...and on a day that should have been really special for me and my family, I went to bed feeling really bad about a decision that we had made. I can't change that fact now, but I did wake up with a better disposition and hope to just forget about all the negativity that reared it ugly head...

I won't say anything to those that spoiled my day because after all, my mother always said, "If you can't say anything nice...don't say anything at all!"

Prayers,
Cindi

No comments:

Welcome to my blog....

I may feel the need to talk about my books, what's happening in the world around me, or my family. What ever I write about, rest assured it will be what I believe and I hope in reading my Blog, you will get to know me.

I hope you enjoy your time here. I look forward to hearing from you all. Positive or negative, I appreciate all comments left for me.

prayers,
Cindi