Saturday, November 1, 2008

November already....

I can't believe it is already November! The time has just flown by. Of course, I hear that happens the older you get and I have to confess that I am one year older today.

Yes, today is my birthday. I am now officially over a half century old. A half of a century...my, but that sounds like a long time. I think about it sometimes and wonder why I don't feel like it's been that long, really. Life seems to be flying by, yet I don't feel any older in my mind. I'm sure my knees are laughing at me right now saying, "Is this lady for real? Does she not notice the noise we make every time she stands up?" To this I say, "It is just the music of life and frankly I'm pleased to be hearing it even if it does remind me of rice crispies."

I had a wonderful day. My daughter made me breakfast in bed. The fact that I didn't have to get out of bed to fix it was a gift in itself. I love microwaves! Bacon in the 'wave' can be very crisp. Especially when you give it just one more minute or three for good measure. Toast is something that can be very versatile, too. Depending on how many times it is put down to keep warm, it can also be very crispy and the color of bacon. Granted, oatmeal is a cereal that is better eaten with milk and sugar, although, I enjoyed my bowl very much with out it. How could I not enjoy such a feast that was made with so much love? I have eaten many a breakfasts that have been made for me by my children and each and every one has been a culinary delight.

My brother surprised me with a gift this year, too. He sent me something that he thought would help me with my writing. He sent me an Acer Aspire One. A tiny little computer that literally fits in my purse! I can take it anywhere I go and write my stories while waiting at appointments for my kids. I love it! I am so blessed. My family is extremely supportive of me in my quest to become a better writer.

With the new books I received, the crock pots (no excuses- 2 sizes to choose from), the new pot holders and kitchen towels, the place mats and napkins, and the beautiful scented candles and oils, my table will look beautiful, dinner will cook itself as lovely scents fill the air and all the while I will be sitting in my chair reading a new book and thanking God for my beautiful family and all the blessings he has seen fit to send my way.

I will write more soon,
prayers,
Cindi

P.s. Don't forget to take the time to vote!

No comments:

Welcome to my blog....

I may feel the need to talk about my books, what's happening in the world around me, or my family. What ever I write about, rest assured it will be what I believe and I hope in reading my Blog, you will get to know me.

I hope you enjoy your time here. I look forward to hearing from you all. Positive or negative, I appreciate all comments left for me.

prayers,
Cindi